The Skudo MT Commercial System provides temporary surface protection on interior commercial construction jobs. It is comprised of a flexible, peelable Concrete Base Coat and the MT (Medium Traffic) Mat, which together create a homogeneous covering that does not permit contaminants or debris to get between it and the substrate it’s protecting.
The MT Commercial System protects against mold, impact and light machinery. With the highest level of slip resistance of all the Skudo products, the MT Mat also provides a safe working environment with a non-slip, seamless and stationary work surface. MT Commercial can protect interior surfaces up to 9 months.
(NOTE: Exterior use is NOT recommended)
Once the project is completed, the MT Mat is simply peeled up and disposed of in general site refuse facilities.
- Protects most surfaces, including freshly placed concrete
(14+ days after placement)
- Protects polished concrete and terrazzo (can be installed
before interior walls are placed)
- Under Scaffolding & Shoring, Light Machinery
- Flooring and Staircases
- Reliable surface protection for Medium construction site
- Spill, stain and water resistance
- Resistance to impact
- Antibacterial/Antifungal: Test-verified protection against
bacteria and molds that cause infection. (ISO-20743)
- Safer working surface
- High slip resistance in wet and dry conditions
- Seamless and stationary
- Cleans surface upon peel up removal
- Raw Concrete (Smooth) : Very Good
- Polished Concrete (Sealed) : Excellent
- Decorative Concrete : Good
- Brushed Concrete : Fair
- Aged Concrete : Good
- Acid Washed Concrete : Poor
- Stairs : Very Good
- Terrazzo : Excellent
- Hardwood (Sealed) : Good
- Tiles – Ceramic : Excellent
- MT Mat : 800 sq. ft./roll
- Base Coat
Smooth/Troweled Surfaces : 150 sq. ft./gal
- Textured/Medium : as low as 80
- Broomed finish : sq. ft./gal
Application & Removal
The water based Concrete Base Coat is
applied using either our Squeegee Method
(preferred) or Roller Method. See application
sheet for details.
The MT Mat is rolled out and pressed into wet
Base Coat. For more information on detailed
application, please refer to our Website,
Product Application Sheet or Label.
Interior use only. Not recommended for exterior use.
- Do not dilute
- Should not be applied to concrete exposed to
excessive moisture. Skudo must be kept dry for 48
hours after installation.
- Do not apply if the temperature of the concrete or
air temperature is below 40o F (4o C).
- If installing over sealed, guarded or protected
concrete or terrazzo, it is critical sealer is fully cured.
- Dry to the touch is not sufficient. Do not apply over
acrylic based topical/film forming sealers. Always
consult a Skudo Representative for compatibility.
- If Skudo sits in standing water or extremely heavy
rainfall or drainage, water can eventually infiltrate
and break the adhesion between the protected
substrate and Skudo Base Coat. If this occurs,
carefully drain or squeegee water off the affected
area. Keep traffic off Skudo until it has dried. In
most cases the mat will re-adhere to the substrate.
- Following installation, remove all dried Base Coat
exposed to UV along outer edges.